10.23.2009

An Eye Candy Friday in Fall

This scene has struck me every time I've left the house this week so I thought I'd share...For whatever the shortcomings our summer weather had, the autumn of '09 has more than made up for - especially in the fall colours. Toronto - known for its extensive canopy of trees and many winding forested ravines is just breathtaking this week. Its a good thing too because I will travel the entire length of it 4 times today/tonight. It will be rainy but that's okay as grey skies lend a depth to the colour - different but just as awesome as the way bright sunshine tends to make them glow.

Here in the city, the colour change is about two weeks later than up north at the cottage. Its great the way it extends our enjoyment of this spectacular season in Ontario.

My first trip downtown today will be to Romni to meet up with another knit blogger! While I'm there I'll check out the Eco Pur Alpaca and make a decision as to whether I want to exchange my so soft windfall for another colourway. Once I do that I think I'll be able to start scheming what I might do with it. I very briefly looked on Ravelry yesterday but couldn't find any reference to the yarn at all. I generally have to struggle with Ravelry searches but I'm sure, with more time and little patience I'll get some ideas that way. As I mentioned the other day, I'm leaning towards finer yarn in my head at the moment so I don't really have an immediate reaction to what I might indulge in at 3.5 stitches to the inch.

This will be our first weekend all together in the city since early June. I have baking, steek cutting, gardening and shockingly, some knitting planned.

I hope you have a good weekend, thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

knitinsage said...

beautiful autumn colors, and the car representing the candy apple ;-)

Shari said...

Gorgeous!

I love fall, it's just a shame that winter follows it!

Brenda said...

When I left you Friday and went to arachknit's apartment, I couldn't believe the view from her LR window. She overlooked a very large wooded area that was nothing short of spectacular in colours of red, gold orange etc. Breathtaking in the middle of the city.