3.03.2016

Spring

Around here snow on the ground doesn't always equal winter. Hudson and I were out for 2 sun drenched hours yesterday morning trudging through in a fresh snowfall that made me and apparently everyone we ran into feel like Spring is in the air.


I'm not saying it wasn't cold...I was bundled up in wool and down and wearing windproof pants over my clothes...


Looks like I was going for a Michelin Man look and nailed it! Hudson was of course wearing nothing but his collar. Dogs really are superior creatures in many ways.

Anyway...


The sun was high and strong.


The snow in the shadows was a violet-blue you don't see in winter.


Best of all there was lots of springtime birdsong filling the air. What a treat!

While the change feels hopeful and fresh it's sure not close to warm out so it doesn't make you want to veer away from wearing or knitting warm woolly stuff. Its the stuff of a perfect knitting season.

I've been working on a few things as I try to follow my post op instructions to "take it easy" (2 hour walks over hill and dale were a bit much and I did "pay" for the exertion later. "Lesson learned" as they say but it was too beautiful out to spend the morning inside!)

One of the projects had an almost medicinal affect. (Okay, maybe the drugs I was on brought that feeling to the "party" but I really enjoyed knitting this stuff.)



Lofty-soft, thick and thin worked to the hollow clunking sound of the 15mm wooden needles it demanded and now...


...the unbelievable heft of the pre-blocked piece. I think it could use just the slightest drape to make it feel a bit more refined and finished so I've got a soak in the tub and gentle stretch planned for it.


Thanks for dropping by today!

2 comments:

Steven said...

I love that winter is holding on a bit for you -- all the whiteness! Especially that beautiful white beast. Love seeing photos of Hudson!

Anonymous said...

The sun was really pretty on the snow yesterday.
I was fascinated to see how the Argentinean yarn knit up. Looks like a fabulous throw indeed. I think your family will fight over it on the couch.
Great photos! Thanks for sharing them.
LisaRR