1.14.2016

"Rikke" by Sarah Young FO


"Rikke" by Sarah Young
Source: Free Pattern on Ravelry
Yarn:Cascade 220, Cascade 220 Heathers
Colours: Pink, White, Dark Grey
Source: Knit O Matic
Needles:
Start:December 14 Finish: December 18, 2015
Modifications: Added Furry Pom to the top and used Worsted Weight Yarn

Another hat. Another Christmas knit - kind of spontaneous - possibly prompted by the furry poms available at Knit-O-Matic when I stopped in to drop off my donations for the Syrian Refugees.

Very, very well received by my SIL at the big family gift exchange - no doubt enhanced by her fashionable DIL's gushing but I'll take it however I can get it!

Aside from all that, the approach to this garter stitch pattern, shamelessly copied from  "Woolythistle"  rests on how purl bumps appear when paired with bumps of a different shade , tone or colour on alternating rounds. I could see this being quite entertaining to explore (if I wasn't busy cabling my brains out these days!)

Colour play aside "Rikke" is a comfortable, well fitting hat.

I added one of these wee little tags picked up when I purchased the yarn and the pom. I was surprised by how well I liked it on the outside at the back.

Knocking off these backlogged FO posts is feeling good!

Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

LynS said...

Love this one. Very ingenious stripes.