10.15.2012

Weekend Knitting



Fed my yearning for plain ol' knitting over the weekend at the cottage.

64 stitch men's socks with Sheldridge Farm Soft Touch Superwash Merino Sock Yarn in "Cornflower".

Knit on needles from my grandmother's collection.

Very. Satisfying.

Its been over a year since I made socks and I've had this yarn for ages waiting for just the right lacy, interesting something-or-other. Now suddenly its become something to keep Number One Son's feet warm at University.

Compared to the intricate, lovely version in my mind's eye it seems less of a feminine blue knit up into simple socks. Perhaps all the way to "servicable"?

 "Satisfying" and "serviceable"! Just what the doctor ordered!

'Hope you enjoyed your weekend knitting as much as I enjoyed mine! Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm cranking out hats for Christmas. With the exception of a little bit of colourwork, they are basic and "serviceable". And that's not a bad thing!

Brendaknits said...

I like serviceable too. Maybe not for all my knitting all the time, but most definitely I hanker after it from time to time.