10.23.2010

Grommets II

My Aunt saw my bag last spring and decided to make her own - and it really is just that - 'such a different take on the pattern with her choice of black cotton yarn and the fabulous lining she chose...
She asked me to install the grommets for her so yesterday I did just that but noticed something else about hers that was quite different from mine...
Its quite a big bigger.  When I made mine I had a complete ball left over to return to the store so I told her I thought the pattern overestimated the yarn requirement. Well it may have been the case for my gauge but not for hers. She finished the bag itself but now will in fact need the whole quantity stipulated in the pattern in order to complete the project by making the bag's "rope"  handles.

Its a real eye opener for me to see a demonstration of just how much gauge can impact the amount of yarn consumed by a given pattern!

Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Lupie said...

Such a beautiful bag! I must check some of your old posts because I've been away for so long.

Brendaknits said...

Interesting, eh? You were brave to take on punching a hole in someone else's knitting.