Finally - the sleeves! (And finally a bit of a hitch.)
Picking up from the shoulder and working the chart downwards, knitting flat. The plan, to accomplish the short rows for both sleeves before knitting on down towards 2x2 ribbed cuffs.
With the planned short rows done, the bulging excess of fabric tells me I've done too many.
Both these problems are easy enough to fix.
Ewwwww. Hmmmm. I'm going to have to ponder this a bit....
- Obviously, what I've done so far has to come out but then what?
- Duplicate stitches across to the first rib of the body sections spring to mind but seem a cheap fix.
- Picking up the sleeve stitches from closer to that rib also occurs to me....not sure what the drawbacks of that might be fit-wise since the body I'd need to measure against is currently somewhere across the Atlantic.
- I could work the sleeves bottom up and then sew them in to best visual advantage.
- I think I've already ruled out working the sleeves without cables so as to render the issue moot.
Thanks for dropping by!