11.08.2013

Oh and By the Way...

...I might run out of yarn for Shearer - well, not exactly yarn - this yarn, the yarn I've been using. More yarn will be shipped to me, it just won't match what I've already got.

The mill wound most of the skeins short by about 20%. Juniper Moon has had to have them make new yarn with a different mix of fleeces.

It'll be here soon.

I've known this for a while - but I was already too far into it to stop so I've just kept on going.

Every so often I weigh what I've knit and what remains. It'll be close.

I've decided I'll use the new yarn, if necessary, to work the ribbed undersides of the sleeves and the gussets down the sides, if I end up adding them. Then I just put the whole problem out of my mind and keep on cabling.

Between fit, deadline and yardage, this one's a nail biter!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I hate that - I constantly look at the remainng yarn, and visualize the remaining knitting... Using for the gussets and under part is a good idea - it won;t show nearly as much.

Steven said...

"...already too far into it to stop..." Hah! Been there. I think you're solution is a good one, though.

Lorraine said...

Marie- We've all been there. It will be just fine.

Anonymous said...

Ay yay yay! 20% is a big difference indeed.
I look forward to seeing how it all works out.
LIsaRR

Brendaknits said...

Deny. Deny. Deny. After all it is the Canadian way. LOL!