11.24.2011

A "Dot" on the Shore of Hudson Bay

I added Site Meter to my blog to see if anyone was reading my posts. In the early days, Site Meter told me no one was.

Eventually people started to visit and so then my attention shifted from the numbers to a feature called "World Map". because it illustrated the geographic origin of recent visits by marking them with little dots on a satellite view of earth. I still get such a kick out of those little dots! They show me all the far off places from which people drop by.

Australian, European, Asian, Middle Eastern, dots from all across Canada and the U.S., All of them intrigue me. I have to admit they've even helped me brush up my High School Geography!

One dot, though, particularly warms my heart. It regularly appears on the western shore of Hudson's Bay. As such it seems to me to be a true Canadian dot, up north, past the point where roads will take you. My visitor is up there, presumably knitting, through very, very long dark winter months, warding off that Canadian cold.

Cold + dark = Knitting Time
(Right?)

On the face of it, it seems like it would be a pretty blissful situation for a knitter doesn't it?

Maybe that's why the sight of that little dot makes me feel so good every time it pops up on that map. Its as if someone is visiting me from the ultimate knitting destination on the planet.

Wherever you are reading this from, thanks for dropping by today. If you're reading this from the shores of Hudson Bay, a special thank you to you, you lucky knitter!

Have a great weekend everyone!





2 comments:

Lisa R-R said...

Today I am reading your blog in Wuhan, China, but using a virtual personal network in the USA, so I don't know if I turn up on the stats as in the USA or in China.
Blogspot is blocked in China without use of a VPN.
Thanks for the skirt photos BTW. Looks good to me.

Acorn to Oak said...

The map on my site meter has been fascinating to me too. In fact, in the beginning, I got a map, a cork board, and push pins so I could mark all the places around the world that I've had visitors and be able to easily see it. It's exciting to see that people around the world are interested in what I have to say/post. I eventually took it down because it was hard to keep up with and I often couldn't find the exact area of a country that people were from. I still enjoy looking at it online though. :-)