4.20.2010

This Morning...

...on my desk...
On the breakfast table...
"Peeking" in from the porch outside the kitchen...
Just outside the back door...
Under the big Lilac a shot of orange - not a colour I ever associated with spring but I love how it sets everything else off so beautifully! In the foreground is one of the smaller vines of a species Clematis that by climbing up through the shrub gives the lilac the look of white blossoms a few weeks after its fragrant purple blooms are done
Its almost magical the way the lungwort presents different coloured blooms all at the same time!...
The Serviceberry is covered in a cloud of these white blossoms...
...that will become the berries the Robins will devour.
Viburnum ``Summer Snowflake`` starting to hint at the show she will put on for us in May. I love the heavily textured leaves and little broccoli-like baby flower bracts!
In the main garden...
...Dictamnus looking rather "muscular" in its early growth phase and nearby the
Pea Sprouts are keeping company with species tulips...
And back at the opposite side of the garden door from which we started, Vinca (a long ago prize from my mother`s Bridge Club) in blue at the foot of a Golden Forsythia planted with  a cutting from my grandfather`s garden...
And waiting to be spread around on the garden beds...
...If given a choice do all knitters choose a sheep variety over the kind "originating" from cows?
Then back inside I'm finally getting around to this job...
...A beautiful morning with all kinds of potentially enjoyable activities inside and out but what isn't illustrated here today are the less photogenic but more pressing, less entertaining "opportunities" (aka char woman work) that I've been doing instead!

Thanks for dropping by!

11 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

It looks like beauty is blooming all around you. So pretty! And, sheep manure to help it all grow??! I had no idea that was available in bags.

Anne Campbell said...

Beautiful pictures! I particularly love the photo of the Viburnum. Those leaves are outstanding and the flower bracts are just great. Spring is just so inspiring, isn't it?

elizabeth said...

I look forward to seeing your garden grow and bloom! My husband went walking with me this morning and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a purple and white clematis blooming. I believe I could talk him into planting one (or several) in our yard!

LynS said...

I love the delicacy of northern hemisphere Spring flowers. Thanks for the pics!

Tina said...

Great pictures of your spring garden. I could take and watch pictures daily :)
It feels so good that spring is finally here!

Lorraine said...

It is early this year- I think we're about a month ahead.

And I always use Sheep products- they work better.

Aline said...

Beautiful! I wondered why the page was slower to load...then my breath was swept away, merci! A. xx

Sandra said...

Nice garden! You're way ahead of us - I've got buds but no flowers yet...

Stephanie said...

Hurray!!! I've been so excited to see flowers lately. Glad to see you've got some too!

Brendaknits said...

I can't believe how much ahead of us your are. I can see your Bleeding Heart in the background. Ours is up only a few inches.

Anonymous said...

I'm warming up just looking at your photos...