I've got the yarn, settled on the patterns, sorted out a lot of the modifications and even done a bit of swatching but that other beasty is in my way. Its got to be cleared out so I can get on with things.
Typically for the season, My Beloved has three evening events this week. Atypically, I don't have to attend any of them! Hence I should have three evenings to knit by my lonesome and sort through the details of that long neglected project set aside at a moment of confusion.
Ms. Jang so brilliantly designed is really unappealing.
- Seeing another knitter proudly wear hers in the DKC "Show and Tell" last week didn't motivate me.
- Fondling another completed example at Passionknit last Monday didn't either.
- Parking the project beside my bed for months hasn't done it.
- Being heartily sick of seeing it in the top row of my Ravelry projects as a WIP hasn't moved me to action.
- Even the prospect of wearing the piece I've been dreaming about owning for the last three years isn't motivating me to take the plunge back in.
Clearly I have to take the gloves off. So I've set all that stuff out in the living room and took a shot of it to use as desktop wallpaper. There will be no escape from the image of Tangled Yoke being an obstacle that must be cleared.
Sometimes knitting for me is a mind game. This is one of those times. (Similar to trying on bathing suits in front of the full length mirror to motivate exercise only much less frightening! ;) )Will the tactics work? They didn't last night. So I'm going on record with my little struggle and posting it here for all to see. 'Fingers crossed by tomorrow I'll have something more positive to report!
Thanks for dropping by (and getting all the way to the end of this less than uplifting post!).