An hour in silent seclusion last night - well silent except for the large quantity of talking to myself - yielded matching tops for both fronts done and dusted in time to catch this week's episode of MI-5 on PBS at 10:00!
Next its the sleeves - I want a bit of easy knit gratification before I tackle deciphering the back! All the shaping on them is done outside of the eyelet cable section..."add one stitch both ends of every 8th row, eight times" kind of thing. Truth be told of course at one time I struggled with that kind of instruction. I got past that phase and hopefully with the learning I've gained on shaping the fronts of this knit, next time I run up against something similar I'll have a better time with it too.
There is something to be said for just sticking with it - I find the inclination to toss a troubled knit aside almost overwhelming (cough - Tangled Yoke - cough) but the more challenging knits I tackle the more I see how much more quickly and relatively easily I find a resolution than when I leave something aside for weeks, months or years ('been there, done that!)
So lesson learned, problem sorted! Thanks for all the moral support throughout my little struggle this week! Have a great weekend!