3.23.2009

Multiple Choice? How About All of the Above!

So what happened to make 'lil 'ol me fall off the blog planet for the past two weeks???

As my usually frequent posts suddenly stopped you probably have suspicions as to whats been going on...

...if you suspect the renovation/redecoration work swallowed entire days and even evenings as tradesmen arrived early, left late and had a voracious capacity for more supplies and the next design decision to be made, necessitating daily driving all over the city for tile and flooring and counters etc. etc. etc., you'd be right.

OR

...if you suspect that March Break plans for Number One Son, made in advance of undertaking the work noted above still happened in addition to keeping the reno work on track you'd be right too!

OR

...sadly if you suspect that perhaps my brother's ill health has worsened and so more time and attention has been required to properly support him in his home, as is his current desire, you'd also be correct.

OR

...if you remember when this was a knit blog complete with posts that pertained to knitting of all things then you might suspect that all the above has all but sidelined my knitting for the past two weeks (although it feels like two years) you too would be bang on target with those suspicions as well!

BUT

The ultimate issue has been that little problem with my computer mouse. When even right clicking with the aid of a hammer wouldn't make things happen I was frozen out of my machine. Amidst the craziness I did manage one day last week to drop by a big box office store - it was beside a big box home improvement store - I grabbed a new wireless mouse, briefly imagining a very late night or very early morning post might be within my grasp but - the wireless thingy for the new mouse didn't get along with the old keyboard's wireless thingy. I was still frozen out. Yesterday, en route to my brother's with the day's home cooked lunch and dinner delivery I returned the mouse and bought a combo keyboard/mouse pack but arrived home to find Mr. Computer down and very unhappy about the power being shut off to his quadrant of the house earlier in the morning.  While cooking dinner last night I reset the settings, did the diagnosis and reported the problem and ta da - here I am!

If you could hear the commotion around me right now you'd be hard pressed to imagine my daily companions of the past five weeks might well be saying "au revoir" as early as tomorrow afternoon. But I know, having closely followed and supplied their labours that all the noise is the sound of their final push.

They will leave, in their wake, a radically improved domestic landscape. It will not be complete of course - with lots of work for me to do to really finish the updated rooms and clean and repaint the halls and doorways that have suffered with demo and construction traffic. But they will be gone and my days will once again be my own and my mouse and keyboard will be getting along and I will even be confidently right clicking again - I can almost smell the yarn already!

I haven't yet peeked at email or Gmail. I haven't Ravelled or visited any one's blog and I likely won't today either. I'll be dashing next to the dining room to put the second coat of paint on the newly repaired wall where the window was replaced. Then its off to my brother's with today's delivery before starting to paint the new baseboard and door trim in the lower level.

With all this progress all around me, could getting back to finishing up Tangled Yoke be far behind? I think not! Thanks for dropping by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I was right on all but the computer problems.

Anonymous said...

glad you're back,as I was a bit worried with your looonnnggg silence. I'll continue to keep your brother in my prayers, and you too as a caretaker needs them too. Do have fun with the small bits that come along at the end of a reno project - that was my favorite part of our downstairs demo 7 yrs ago.

Liz in CT (LTknits on ravelry)

Acorn to Oak said...

I suspected most of those things, but not the mouse...that story really had me laughing. So glad you got it worked out though.

Sorry to hear your brother isn't doing well.

I look forward to the return of your regular posts and pictures of your new renovations and knitting progress.

Welcome back to blogland! :-)

Sandra said...

sending good thoughts to your brother - that makes a busy week really tough for you.

All the reno talk makes me want to attack my own house...

Stephanie said...

Oh no! I hope your brother is doing all right. I figured the renovation was keeping you busy. I can hardly believe you haven't peeked at e-mail -- that's like my life blood. And then I take ages to answer my e-mail. Oops.

Hope Tangled Yoke turns up soon!

Stephanie said...

Hope all is still going all right!