9.23.2008

A Bit 'O Swatching


I've decide to go with "Fancy Garter Ridges" (#213 from Vogue Stitchionary vol. 1) in the Breast Cancer Scarf for the Downtown Knit Collective program.


Honeycomb is moving along faster - I'm impressed with the attention to detail provided in this pattern. Watching the shaping develop is very gratifying - there's no rolling of the edges with this stitch so unlike with stockinette, its easy to see. Every so often I do make a bit of a mistake and transfer stitches the wrong way but I'm getting pretty good at picking back to them for correction.

My current car socks have gone to a place called "boring". There is a good chance the DKC scarf will become a "car" scarf until they again return to land of "sufficiently interesting to be entertaining to me". The knitting basket can be such a fickle place!

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

The yarn you're using for the "Breast Cancer Scarf" looks so soft and pretty. I love the color!

"Honeycomb" is sure moving along. That's nice that the edges aren't rolling.

I agree. The knitting basket is a very fickle place. lol Mine seems to be full of projects that have lost their excitement. I really need some FO's and soon! lol :-)