5.05.2008

Weekend FO

How cute are these?

Yarn: Mirasol T'ika 100% Pima Cotton

Colour: Sun Yellow and Orange Sunset

Needles: 4mm

Pattern: "Grrr" from Knitty Summer 2007

Started: April 29th Finished: May 3rd, 2008

Pattern Modifications: Turned the i-cord loop into a tail by adding a contrasting tassel at the end

I saw these guys on the "anny purls" blog a few weeks ago and immediately printed off the pattern from Knitty. When I needed a mail-friendly gift for a 3 year old boy (the recipient of "Sheldon" back in March) I knew they would be perfect. Anny's review of the pattern and the knitting - fast and fun - mirrors my feelings about this quick knit exactly.

Thanks Knitty and Anny!

I also really like the T'ika - especially since it's a fair trade yarn! With the remnants I'm trying out a grown up wash cloth version. Instead of "Grrr" maybe I'll call it "Ahhh".

I plan to check out the other colours available at my LYS on my next visit!

No comments: