9.29.2014

Pretty Perfect Weekend

...No bugs and dark early enough to be enjoying the fire and marshmallows way before 10:00 p.m.! You can't do that in July!
...On the dock without an umbrella as the warm sun is balanced by a temperate September breeze. 'Can't do that in July either!
(What a lucky girl! Her Dad is happy to haul out a couple of pieces of furniture after all had been stowed away for the winter over our last frigid visit two weeks ago!)
...Even the drive home at the end of it all was beautiful!

On top of all this, I had the fortitude to work exclusively on a big swatch for Hauser. (The tubular cast on, which took a few tries doubled my automatic swatching cast on from 40 stitches to 80. (Ooops!)

I'm using remnant Tinder yarn for this swatch - also Galway Heather - like the red yarn in which I plan to knit the sweater. I've read how two colourways of the same yarn can yield slightly different gauges - Maybe I'll see if that's in fact the case here!
I stuck with the 80 stitches, 'worked out the novel cable construction of the pattern and have a good sized piece of double moss stitch to measure for gauge. I'm close to both row and stitch gauge now, this morning I'll wet block it and find out for sure.

Thanks for dropping by today!

2 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Looks and sounds like a beautiful weekend. A little knitting makes it perfect! :-)

Howard Lowe said...

Helloo mate great blog post