9.11.2014

Kismet!

I returned from the cottage at summer's end anticipating what Jared and the gang at Brooklyn Tweed might have on offer this fall, confident they'd have just the thing to add to my cold-season wardrobe/autumn season needles.

I'd been checking each day this month (possible more than once a day) but Tuesday morning, moments before setting off for a hair cut (next door to Romni Wools!) The Autumn 2014 BT Look Book came out and right there, the first pattern, was the sweater I need and want in just the colour for me too!

Freshly shorn, I spent a very few minutes scanning the wall of worsted at the back of the store for a good match to the BT colourway "Long Johns". There seemed no red that was just right. Then, as I was about to give up I decided to shift a small pile of unopened, yet to be shelved pile of yarn leaning on the worsted wall to find the right colour in my favourite Galway Heather. But there were only 4 balls left and I needed 9! Arghhhhhh!

But wait, the sales girl said there was more, she grabbed a ladder and plucked the last 5 balls from the back of the shelf up near the ceiling.

The pattern, the yarn, the timing. This project was meant to be!

Kismet indeed!

4 comments:

Brendaknits said...

Red. Your favourite colour. Thanks for the tip about the fall issue.

Steven said...

Score! This is going to look great.

Anonymous said...

You are going to have fun knitting this one!
LisaRR

Lorraine said...

Ah, the worsted wall. I know it well.

It is a lovely shade of red.