6.20.2010

Early Sunday Morning on the Porch

Our resident "Father" is on a plane this Father's Day morning on his way home to be celebrated and spoiled this afternoon and over dinner by his "wee babies". Dinner will be arranged by the resident "Mother" ;).

After another late Saturday night waiting up for our socializing teen I nonetheless was up with the birds to enjoy hot coffee, sunshine, a delicious fresh breeze laden with honeysuckle, rose, peony and lavender perfumes and this basket of cottony goodness...
 And some (this time) green cotton knitting that was "happy" beyond just the colour.
In the hot muggy storminess that dominated our weather yesterday, Number One Son was studying for exams, Darling Daughter was out for the day and of course My Beloved was away so I stayed inside and started on the Transitional Scarf from "Knitting 24/7". Despite my dismal struggles with the Mesh Bag this week I'm encouraged to see that I am capable of progress when working without interruptions!

Thanks for dropping by!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

The thought of some quiet time alone on my deck with an early morning coffee is almost enough to make we get up early, but not quite.

jp said...

Can't wait for our weather to return to spring and the ability to knit in the mornings without freezing (well by Australian standards anyway)

Acorn to Oak said...

Such beautiful pictures...sounds like a beautiful morning too. :-) I like this scarf.

Rue said...

I'm so happy to see that green yarn moving forward again. That's a delightful pattern and I can't wait to see its FO post. I hope your belated Father's Day celebration went well!