6.25.2009

And Suddenly it was Yellow

When I shot pictures for last week's "garden tour" the early June pink and blue phase was in full sail. In the past few days though that phase passed. Now the scene is dominated colours of cream through gold.

Oenothera or primrose...

Alchemilla mollis- Ladie's Mantle - I can't get enough of that chartreuse shade in the garden!


Stella D'Oro Day lilly (Stella doesn't know she's being dug for transplant to the cottage right after she's done blooming - shhhhhh!)

Masses of Honeysuckle...

Planted along the edges of my teeny herb garden in a bit of a heat sink between the houses and sheltered from the breeze by a towering rose, the heady scent hangs in the air. Its fully intoxicating in the evening as I light the BBQ.





Both pink and white peonies are still putting on a show but suddenly, their yellow hearts are unmistakable - almost as if they don't want to be left out of the Yellow parade!

Euonymous...

The seed pods on the viburnums, having shed their white petals are now showing off the beginnings of their golden fruit...

I don't know why Hostas even bother to bloom - that colour - spread across a leaf 6 or 7 inches across is as good or better than a blossom - and you can have your yellow on the inside...



Or around the outside...
Chamomile in the herb garden - looking very 60's graphic...

And right next to Chamomile - Golden "Thyme" - which pretty much sums up the garden's colour scheme at the moment!

'Guess I know why I chose this yarn for my provisional cast on...

2 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Pretty! Thanks for another tour of your beautiful yard! It must be fun to see the changes in color.

Stephanie said...

I love yellow! You're so lucky to have so much of it in your garden. :)