1.29.2009

Men's Blue Worksocks FO

Pattern: Basic Top Down Work Socks
Yarn: S.R. Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo
Colour # ON240763 (Blue and Black)
Needles: 3.75 mmdpns
Start: July 2008 Finish: January 28, 2009

They don't get more "basic" than this - 2 1/2" ribbing on 66 CO stitches. At 5 1/2" from CO edge,  k2tog every 11th stitch all the way around to reduce bulk for ankle. Plain stockinette gusset heel, rounded toe, 3 needle bind off after turning seam to inside. (Should you care, gory details of all the issues I had with these are here)

Here's the plain knitted heels...
And they are sure as thick and cozy as they look...
I suspect they'll see more action as house/cool weather cottage socks than they will be used as true work socks.  I still have one ball of this yarn - purchased with Number One Son in mind - he has now tried on his Dad's pair and explained he prefers "artificial" socks (by that he means nylon or other synthetic fibre rather than wool) so maybe, once I've sufficiently forgotten the experience of making these, I'll try a pair for myself someday.  Maybe with the yarn held double or even triple I could make slippers!

Anyway as I was taking the shots of the socks I glanced out the window. The view to the right...
And to the left...
Quite a riot of colour eh? In the midst of our very snowy winter, these worksocks were standing in the way of my feeling free to move on to the rosy pink of the "Clover" coloured Felted Tweed that I went on and on about yesterday so I'm thrilled they are out of the way.  That being said though, the fact I perservered and the socks are now done rather than just shuttled off to "hibernation" feels very good in deed!

(BTW check this out - I just saw it in the "Life" section of our national newspaper "The Globe and Mail")

3 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Love those socks. They're such a pretty blue and they do look very warm and cozy.

I saw that bus posted on our knit group site earlier this week. That sure is a LOT of knitting! lol

Anonymous said...

Ah that duty thing. It does feel good to get it out of the way though. How are you enjoying the Addis? The Cadillac of needles I've heard. I still swear by my Denise Interchangables. They are the ones I turn to first. Your Tangled Yoke yarn looks fabulous. It should make a beautiful sweater.

Anonymous said...

Such a great blue for those socks! They look like they'll get worn over and over again.