10.02.2008

Awww now I feel better!

I received a lovely and apparently sincere thank you note from one of the recipients of the Debbie Bliss Baby Boat Sweaters. I'm not a stickler for thank you notes - especially from new moms who have more than enough important work to do without adding correspondence to their list - but this woman's sweet acknowledgement has blown away my crankiness at dedicating time and effort to create a hand knit for her new born.

This could bode well for baby knits from my needles in the future. The power of a kind gesture should never be underestimated.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I love a good thank you card - always make's it worthwhile. Congrats to the Mom for making the time.
And hte Scottish THing? I'm part Scot, my husband is all Scot on both sides - his grandfather was even in the Black Watch), so tartan is a big part of my life. My curling Kilt is the Hunting Douglas - a tribute to my very Scottish Nanny...

Stephanie said...

I'll never underestimate a kind gesture. Those really make the world go round. So nice to get a thank you note for your baby sweater! And such a cute one too.

Acorn to Oak said...

How odd...I posted a comment this morning but it never made it onto your post...unless you're approving them before they go on...if so, sorry for the repeat.

Anyway...

How nice to have received a thank you note. It seems to be a rare thing these days. Even though it's a small thing, it means soooo much. It can really add a lot more fun to gift making and giving.