- A fun, quick, gratifying and motivating knit - the scarf flew off the needles in a way that reminded me of that old cartoon from You Tube called "The Last Knit"
- No false starts - I was happy with the first stitch I swatched(Fancy Garter Ridges #213 Vogue Stitchionary vol. 1)
- The total quantity of yarn (2 complete balls) yielded what I think is a perfect scarf in terms of dimensions.
- Its also wide enough and long enough to wrap around the shoulders like a shawl.
- Wet blocking defined the stitches despite the haze created by the mohair content (10.5%) and the uneven texture of the yarn.
On the other hand...
- I couldn't help but think of the ultimate recipient of this scarf - likely a woman from this very city, who while I'm happily knitting is probably being newly diagnosed or discovering she is out of remission and is facing another round of treatment.
- Thinking of her made me mindful of my own responsibility to myself and my family and how lucky I am to have my health.
- Women in Ontario have access to a free Breast Screening Program that affords us the opportunity to be regularly tested for this terrible disease - I was aware of how privileged we are to have such a service and resolute to attend to my annual testing.