7.11.2008

If I just ignore it, it WILL go away!

At a little pool party last evening. I slipped on the steps going down into the water.

I jammed my wrist. I pretended I was fine.

Before bed I took some Advil and donned one of the wrist splints I have from my days of struggling with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

It felt better upon waking but after a couple of hours without the splint its starting to pain again.

Mr. Splint and I will now be spending the day together and probably overnight tonight as well. Today will be too filled with weekend prep to fit any knitting in so the fact I won't be knitting will have nothing to do with whatever troubled state my wrist might be in. I have some big finishes planned for the weekend and I don't want a stupid strain or sprain messing with my intended knitting schedule!

I'm stubborn in the extreme - does it show?

Happy Weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I have the wrist splints from assorted injuries over the years. SOmetimes I need them when I overdo it, but never from knitting, right? We never overdo the knitting, and yes, if you ignore it, it WILL go away...

Acorn to Oak said...

I hope your wrist feels great again real soon!

Have a great weekend! :-)

Stephanie said...

Ouch! I'm sorry! I do understand the "If I ignore it, it'll go away" though. I'm a lot like that myself. I hope your wrist gets better–sounds like you're at least taking care of it!